Choosing a detailing company can be hard, almost like choosing a place to eat in a foreign area. In most cities the market is saturated with tons of detailers, but which one should you go to? In this article, I will give you 6 things to look for when choosing a detailing company.
1) Accreditations: Are they accredited by their local Better Business Bureau? To be accredited by the BBB, a business affirms that it meets and will abide by the following six standards: Build Trust, Advertise Honestly, Tell the Truth, Be Transparent, Honor Promises, Be Responsive, Safeguard Privacy, and our favorite Embody Integrity. You can find this on their website.
Check out an email testimony that a client wrote us HERE!
3) Certifications: Ask the company if they have any certifications. I like to think that I’m the leader in my local industry, one of those reasons is because I’m certified by several organizations. Here at EcoGreen, I claim to be a green business because I use products that are green and use less than 500 gallons of water per year. It isn’t enough for me to just say that. I actually went through an extensive certification process through Green America to become a National Green Certified Company. I’ve also traveled the country and obtained several certifications in auto detailing and reconditioning. This billion dollar industry is changing rapidly and I’m all about investing in continuing education and passing my knowledge onto my team members.
4) Years in Business: There are lots of “fly by night” detailing companies that pop up every summer to try and get a piece of the pie. You may notice these companies putting out lots of “deals” on Living Social or Groupon during the summer seasons. Why choose a company that only wants to cash in during the busy season when you can go with a company or individual with lots of experience with running successful operations year after year.
5) Insurance: Any honest detailing company will tell you that accidents do to happen from time to time. So make sure that the detailing company you’re hiring is fully insured to protect themselves and you against any unfortunate events.
6) Appearance: Have you ever driven by a full service car wash and saw workers wearing whatever they pleased? A true professional company has a strict dress code. This dress code should say a lot about the way they do business. Dress code isn’t everything. A clean detailing truck or van says a lot about the company you’re working with. Would you hire a personal trainer that was overweight?
What do you look for when choosing a detailing company or ANY company for that matter? Leave your comments or feedback below.
Sign up to receive a FREE Fabric Guard!
Join our email list and receive a FREE Fabric Guard service ($50 Value) at your first appointment!